The Delhi government will set up a first-of-its-kind ‘plasma bank’ in the country for treating COVID-19 patients. It will be set up at the Delhi government-run Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences and doctors or hospitals will have to approach it for plasma if a COVID-19 patient needs the same. The plasma bank will start its operation by 2nd July 2020.
- The Delhi government will encourage those who have recovered from COVID-19 to donate their plasma.
- A helpline will also be set up for queries related to the donation of plasma.
- The government will also make transportation arrangements for those willing to donate their plasma.
- The relatives of a COVID-19 patient are free to give plasma to the patient and it is not necessary to only donate to the bank.
- The government and private hospitals will be able to get plasma from the facility.